Focus groups focus on the horror of Corbyn

Possibly the most frequent topic raised on the streets of Neath is "Corbyn", and it's not very favourable for the man.  

Lord Ashcroft, who publishes polls amongst other things, recently published the results of some focus groups. There wasn't much good news for any of the leaders in a recent series of focus groups but the disillusionment with Jeremy Corbyn was notable. 

Consider: 

“He’s too far left. And I want to say this without sounding ageist, but he doesn’t seem in his prime” 

“I was always very pro-Labour but quite often I feel like his understanding of the issues and his commentary is quite limited in comparison with previous leaders." 

"He’s very good at giving soundbites on what schools and public services need but I’ve yet to hear him give a real in-depth answer. And I listen to my Jewish friends talk about how you want a party leader to deal decisively with any sort of discrimination, and I think ‘how can I vote for someone who can’t even tackle hate within their own party?’”

“He’s delusional. He’s living in the wrong century” 

“You could have the best Labour MP in the world standing and I would never vote Labour with Corbyn as leader because he’s an anti-Semite. A vote for him is a vote for extremism” 

“He’s bordering on communism.”

The report said that "most were united in horror at the idea of a Labour government under Jeremy Corbyn", and that the "thought the risks of Brexit paled in comparison to the dangers of Corbyn as Prime Minister". 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Employment is rising in Wales

Corbyn on Brexit - the leave vote utterly betrayed

"Project Fear" lives on in Labour and Plaid scare stories